Euroforest Limited heads an expanding group of companies.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR OUR CURRENT VACANCYIt has never been a better time to be involved within the forest industry. With the anticipated changes in emphasis in the focus for rural funding by government and the devolving of the state forestry sector to the regions, new opportunities are inevitable.
The Euroforest group of companies is looking for people of quality to join their team. Drawing from graduates of all the land-based disciplines, former contractors and experienced professionals, Euroforest offers a unique and fulfilling career.
If you are a more hands on person there may be possibilities for you as a machine operator or harvesting professional.
Vacancy: Forest Management Positions
Euroforest Ireland is the largest independent provider of timber harvesting and marketing solutions in Ireland. Recently formed through the merger of both national and international entities, our managers have in excess of 25 years of progressive development and more than 50 years’ experience in maximising returns for our clients throughout Ireland. Activities nationwide are supported by our head office in Arklow, Co. Wicklow.
Clients of the company include large private estates, investment trusts, professional forestry managers, community associations and farmers. Delivery of the best possible value for growers, whilst enabling the aggregation and supply of substantial volumes of wood raw material to the forest industry is the unique selling point of the company.
Euroforest Ireland supplies the entire Irish market north and south, from small-scale millers through to the largest processing and pulp using operations. To mobilise the ever-increasing volume of logs we are expanding our business and, as a consequence, we have a number of vacancies at forest management level nationwide. This is an opportunity for motivated and ambitious individuals to join a leading company in the forest products industry. Above all, we are seeking people with enthusiasm and the drive to succeed.
As we already have a nationwide network of forest managers in place the successful candidate will be expected to integrate with the present workforce and establish their own client list and contractor network.
Responsibilities will include:
• Professional forest management
• Servicing our existing client base
• Recruitment of new forest owners to the services we provide
• Supervision of harvesting and other forest operations
• Organising both harvesting and daily transport activity
• Felling Licence and forest road grant applications
• Advising owners on best forest practice and maximising financial returns, particularly in relation to harvesting and managing semi mature plantations
• Maintaining inventory and financial data on bespoke management systems
• Reporting on progress at weekly management meetings
• Marketing – servicing supply contracts to customers
• Costing & pricing of harvesting & management operations
• Maintaining industry standards on health and safety and environmental management
• A recognised qualification in forestry at level 7/8 on the QQI Framework of qualifications or equivalent
• Competence in GIS
• A strong appreciation of commercial forestry
• Motivated and highly organised, agile and adaptable to change
• An ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent planning and project management abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Full driving licence
• Excellent IT skills
• Competency in Maths
• A knowledge of all Forest Service forestry schemes
• A knowledge or experience of harvesting and marketing of timber
Salary commensurate with experience, plus phone, laptop and transport.
If you are interested in a challenging career with development opportunities in an expanding industry, as part of an experienced team, please request an application form to submit with your C.V to Euroforest Ireland, Arklow Business Enterprise Centre, Kilbride Industrial Estate, Kilbride, Arklow, Co. Wicklow, by email to email@example.com
Note: Closing date for receipt of CV and applications is Wednesday 25th September at 5.00pm, but may close early due to volume of applications. Short listing of candidates may occur.
Interviews are currently scheduled for week commencing Monday 30th September.
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Paddy Bruton by telephone on 00353876579352