The Euroforest group provides professional forestry services across the entire forestry sector. We have an exciting vacancy for a Contract Supervisor / Area Manager to work on sites across Inverness and the surrounding area, providing support and backup to the Managers and the harvesting teams.
The Contract Supervisor / Area Manager role requires the desire and drive to succeed in a fast growing, industry leading, modern forestry contracting company. This is a dynamic role that requires a good all-rounder who can work under their own initiative as well as being a good team player.
This role offers continuous on the job training which will provide the experience needed for a progressive career within the company. A vehicle and fuel card are provided.
· Daily monitoring of the harvesting machine management systems to maximise machine performance.
· Proactively pursue timber purchasing opportunities.
· Organise and supervise the harvesting, marketing and haulage of timber.
· Making regular site inspection to ensure work is on track and undertaking regular safety audits.
· Supervise onsite personnel.
· Planning and managing jobs to ensure they comply with Health, Safety and Environmental Guidelines.
· Monitor the application of HSE, FISA and ISO 45001 standards on site visits and promote good practice.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Analytical with attention to detail.
· Ability to work as part of a team and lead proactively.
· Time management, ability to prioritise workload to reach targets.
· Ability to collect, input and report on data.
· Forward thinking and the ability to take ownership of tasks.
· Risk management in line with company and industry standards.
· Decision making, ability to problem solve and use initiative.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
· Sound understanding of timber mensuration and tools used.
· Be familiar with recognised timber purchasing methods.
· Demonstrable knowledge of HSE, FISA, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Standards.
· Demonstrable understanding of the licence system, Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC)Certification and FSC Chain of Custody Certification
· Competitive Salary
· 29 days holiday (Inc. Bank Holidays); holiday increases with length of service
· Company Holidays (3 days at Christmas)
· Life Assurance
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Staff Referral Scheme
· Sponsorship Scheme
· Discount Voucher Scheme
To apply send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com reference EF/CSAMI2310.
The closing date for applications is the 17th November 2023.
Interviews will be week commencing the 20th November 2023.
The start date will be asap after interviews (notice periods allowing).
Euroforest is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender, or sexual orientation.