Euroforest is the UK’s largest independent timber harvesting &marketing company. We harvest and market in excess of 2.7 million m³ of sustainable timber per annum. We offer a unique level of service, capability, and professionalism to a broad spectrum of clients, with our main aim to ensure the highest level of service and financial return to the forest owner, adhering to certified ISO standards.
Euroforest has grown significantly over the past couple of years, now with70 staff across England, Scotland and Wales. We have a new opportunity for a full-time Harvesting Manager in the Scottish Borders, Northumberland, and surrounding areas.
The role of the Senior Harvesting Manager is to deliver a high-quality timber purchasing, harvesting and sales service to woodland owners and customers across the Scottish Borders and Northumberland and develop and maintain an integrated contracting and haulage network.
We are searching for an experienced Harvesting Manager to join our team who will contribute to our continued success, share our enthusiasm and drive, while helping to define the businesses, and their own future. The role encourages ongoing personal and professional development in order to gain the utmost success as a Harvesting Manager at Euroforest. The ideal applicant will have several years of forestry experience in a related position.
This is a full-time permanent position, Monday – Friday, reporting into the office one day a week.
The Senior Harvesting Manager role is supported by a full-time Area Manager and a Contracts Supervisor and will report to the Director of Operations. A company vehicle and fuel card are provided, laptop and mobile phone along with all PPE materials and resources.
The day-to-day Harvesting Manager tasks include:
· Proactively pursue timber purchasing opportunities.
· Provide a high-quality service, sourcing supplies of timber from clients and woodland owners and delivering it to industrial and domestic end users and processors.
· Expand and develop the existing harvesting resources within the Area.
· Source new business for the region.
· Engage and maintain contractors and client relations for harvesting and associated work.
· Ensuring compliance with company safety standards, environmental constraints and contract procedures in line with FISA and industry guidelines.
· Conduct regular and thorough site visits to manage progress of harvesting work, evaluate appropriateness of machinery, quality of timber, optimising timber cut,
review of forest roads / timber stacks / relevant haulage, and all aspects of Health and Safety.
· Monitor application of HSE, FISA and ISO 45001 standards on-site visits and promote good practice across all areas.
The desirable skills to deliver these key tasks as a Harvesting Manager are:
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong negotiation skills whilst providing quality customer service.
· Ability to work as part of a team and lead proactively.
· Time management, ability to prioritise workload to reach targets.
· Ability to collect, input and report on data.
· Forward thinking and the ability to take ownership of tasks.
· Risk management in line with company and industry standards.
· Budgetary responsibility, operating within credit limits and sales targets.
· Decision making, ability to problem solve and use initiative.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, particularly in Excel.
· Competitive Salary (with annual reviews and bonus scheme)
· 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays); holiday increases with length of service
· Company Holidays (3 days at Christmas)
· Company vehicle & fuel card
· Life Assurance
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Staff Referral Scheme
· Sponsorship Scheme
· Discount Voucher Scheme
· Training and development platform
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference EF/SHM2310.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15th December 2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 18th December 2023.
The position will be an immediate start (notice periods allowing).
Euroforest is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender, or sexual orientation.